Pantone matching System Coated Colour Chart
We use Pantone Coated colour references as a universal language for colour for our bags. Whilst this is not a perfect method of ensuring print and fabric colour, it works well within reason.
We always recommend asking for a test print sample or a bag pre-production sample to ensure we have matched to your colour perfectly.
The Bag Workshop – experts in bag manufacture
With 10 years of experience in creating bags and packaging for global brands, we can create tailor-made bags for your event, product launch or to sell at retail. Whatever the end result, we will take you through the process to ensure your bag or bespoke packaging is fit for purpose.
Please feel free to download our free Pantone chart.
Use this handy guide to either select colour range required for print or fabric, or use the search function to find your required Pantone reference. When using search function in PDF – just search for the number eg 425 (Ctrl+F on a PC). Please note this is only intended as a guide and does not substitute for a physical Pantone colour reference book or any of the the associated tools supplied by Pantone. You can find more about Pantone Colour guides and colour matching systems here at Pantone central.
You can buy Pantone books from the following sites.
Buy Pantone Books in the UK
Buy Pantone Books in the USA
Other great colour choosing resources
RGB is the colour code used on computer screens and web graphics. To convert to Pantone use this site. RGB to Pantone.
CMYK is used by printers and graphic designers as a “recipe” for colours. This is made up of the colours Cyan, Magenta, yellow and Black and illustrated as a percentage of each colour. This is a good CMYK to Pantone Tool.
Please note there is no substitution to a Pantone book, and these tools should only act as a guide.
Bespoke bags by the Bag Workshop
Tailor-made bags offer infinite personalisation options to make a bag unique. 5 things you might choose to make your bag truly bespoke:
- FABRIC: Your fabric choice may demonstrate your commitment to the environment and be a natural, undyed Fairtrade cotton with minimal negative impact to the environment. Perfecting your corporate colours may be important to you and we may use a vegetable dye to colour the fabric or over print it.
- SIZE: The size of the bag can be anything from the tiniest drawstring pouch to an enormous bag to transport tables in.
- HARDWARE: A huge range of closures include zips, poppers, draw cords, ties or elastic.
- STRAPS: They can be long or short. Made from different fabrics either natural or synthetic. Straps could be drilled on with rivets or sewn on with reinforcements.
- POCKETS: Inserting a pocket to the inside or outside of a bag is possible. Even a pocket within a pocket.